Friday, May 25, 2007

Virgil Goode's Flag Issue

Apparently, Virgil Goode doesn't like Mexican flags being flown in protest of possible immigration crackdowns in the towns within his constituency.

I do agree that if citizens of a foreign country want citizenship here, it's pretty hypocritical (if not outright pointless) to protest your inability to get citizenship by flying the flags of the country you left instead of the one you want to be a part of.

However, I don't have a problem with someone flying a flag in respect to their roots and heritage. In fact, I used to want to get a paint job on the hood of my car with a huge American flag waving, with smaller Brazilian and Irish flags crossed in front of it...because I'm proud to be American, and I'm also proud of my heritage.

If I wasn't an American citizen, but I wanted to be one...I'd personally fly a very large Star-Spangled Banner. At least that way, people wouldn't mistake my intentions.

No comments: